TUITION & FEES
Cost information is found on the Office of Student Financial Services website.
Two types of financial assistance are available at Georgetown University: merit-based assistance and need-based assistance.
McCourt Merit-Based Assistance
Most scholarship offers (including the McCourt Scholars awards) are made early in the Admissions cycle.
The McCourt Scholars are a select group of promising future policy makers and scholars whose background, experience, and academic excellence qualify them for this prestigious award. Each year, five incoming students are nominated as McCourt Scholars based on the strength of their applications to the McCourt School.
- All full-time MPP and MIDP students are eligible to be considered for the McCourt Scholars program, and no additional application is required.
- The Scholar award includes full tuition (not including mandatory academic fees), a stipend, and other benefits (including health insurance).
Merit-Based Scholarships and Assistantships
The McCourt School offers merit-based scholarship funding, as well as graduate assistantships.
- All MPM & MIDP and full-time MPP students are eligible to be considered for merit-based assistance, and no additional application is required.
- Awards are based on a candidate’s grades, test scores, professional experience, and overall strength of application. Students are notified by email of award decisions.
- Part-time MPP and MPM students may apply for the Bryce Harlow Fellowship program.
GU Need-Based Assistance
Need-based federal loan and employment aid programs are administered by Georgetown’s Office of Student Financial Services. Some programs are available only to U.S. citizens. International students should visit GU Resources for International Students, which describes loans, employment and other financing options.
External Scholarship, Fellowship & Loan Opportunities
Many organizations offer grant and scholarship awards based on financial need, academic merit and/or other criteria such as ethnic background, residency or employment affiliation.
Please see below for a list of some external scholarships and fellowships that may be relevant for McCourt School students. This list includes scholarship and fellowship opportunities that our students have participated in or that are relevant to The McCourt School’s fields of study. This list is not comprehensive and is meant to assist our students in finding outside funding sources. Though every attempt has been made to provide accurate information, please refer to the scholarship granting organization’s website for specific details. If you have a scholarship or fellowship opportunity you would like to add to this list, please email email@example.com.
External Scholarship, Fellowship & Loan Opportunities (PDF) - This document includes a full description of the opportunities, including contact information.
Below are expandable lists of external opportunities.
- American Association of University Women Career Development Grants
- American Indian Graduate Center (AIGC) Fellowship
- Association of Former Intelligence Officers Scholarships
- Association on American Indian Affairs Scholarship
- The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Graduate Fellowship
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarship
- The Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund
- Evalee C. Schwarz Charitable Trust for Education
- The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship Program
- Government Finance Officers Association Scholarships
- The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship Programs for Graduate Students
- Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) National Scholarships and Awards
- Jewish Community Centers of North American Graduate Education Scholarship Program
- Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarship Program
- The Leopold Schepp Foundation Scholarship
- The National Italian American Foundation Scholarship Program
- Navajo Nation Graduate Trust Fund
- The Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- The Thomas R. Pickering Graduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship
- USAID Donald M. Payne International Development Graduate Fellowship Program
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Fellowship for Minority Student
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
- American Association of University Women International Fellowships
- American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) Fellowships and Grants for Advanced Study or Research in the USA
- The Baltic-American Freedom Foundation (BAFF) Graduate Scholarship Program
- Becas Magdalena O. Vda. De Brockmann Foundation
- Becas TALENTIA
- The Belgian American Educational Foundation (BAEF) Fellowship for Graduate Study in the U.S.A.
- Bolashak International Scholarship of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- BUNAC Educational Scholarship Trust (BEST) Scholarships
- Canadian Federation of University Women Fellowships and Awards
- COLFUTURO Scholarship-Loan
- Croatian-American Foundation for Education and Training Fellowship for the Future
- Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program
- The Fulbright Program for Foreign Students
- Fundacion La Caixa International Grants
- Fundacion Mexicana para la Educacion, la Tecnologia y la Ciencia (FUNED)
- The Georgetown Pedro Arrupe, S.J. Scholarship for Peace
- The Hungarian American Enterprise Scholarship Fund
- Indian Bank Education Loan
- The Italian Student Loan Fund
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Kosovo American Education Fund (KAEF) Graduate Fellowship Program
- The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund US/Canada Grants
- Onassis Foundation Scholarships for Hellenes
- Opportunity Funding
- Organization of American States Academic Scholarships (Graduate)
- Organization of American States Leo S. Rowe Pan American Fund
- Padho Pardesh subsidy for Students Belonging to Minority Communities in India
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (PEO) International Peace Scholarship Fund
- The Republic of Tatarstan Higher Education Fellowship “Algarysh”
- Soros Foundation Middle East Rule of Law Masters Scholarship
- TOEFL Scholarship Program
- The United States-Indonesia Society Edward E. Masters Fellows Program
- The Zdenek Bakala Foundation’s Scholarship Program
- Armenian General Benevolent Union Fellowships for US Based Study
- Armenian International Women’s Association Scholarships
- Cyprus Childrens Fund, Inc. Scholarships
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund
- The Humane Studies Fellowship
- Korean American Scholarship Foundation Eastern Regional Chapter Scholarship
- Mustard Seed Foundation’s Harvey Fellows Program
- National Council on International Trade Development Scholarship Program
- Point Foundation Scholarships
- Roothbert Fund Scholarships
- Global Student Loan
- IIE’s Funding for US Study Online
- International Scholarship Search
- Public Policy Scholarships
- The Smart Guide to Financial Aid – Private Student Loans