Resources for Alumni
We are committed to our students’ professional success, even after they graduate. McCourt School alumni can take advantage of a variety of career development resources.
Stay Connected to McCourt
Update your contact information, update your employment information, or just stay engaged with the McCourt School.Back to Top
The McCourt School Alumni Board is comprised of McCourt School and GPPI alumni who are committed to helping current McCourt students succeed and connecting alumni from all over the world to create meaningful change.Back to Top
McCourt Connects! is a password-protected database of current jobs and internships with hundreds of posted positions in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. New opportunities are added daily, so check back regularly. There are also career development handouts loaded on McCourtConnects! and our Career News is also available in case you miss the emailed version. A Georgetown NetID login and separate password is required. If you cannot remember your log-in or need your password reset, email Briana Green at email@example.com.
You can also use McCourtConnects! to:
- Create job alerts for your preferred employers
- Upload your resume to your Personal Profile
- Browse the Professional Network for McCourt School alumni and students
- Register for career development programs and events
- Schedule a counseling appointment
Alumni of the McCourt School are encouraged to continue using the Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement throughout their careers. We offer resources to alumni for:
- Individual career advising appointments
- Job search strategies
- Document review and feedback (e.g., resumes, cover letters)
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Salary negotiation
- Elevator pitches and professional branding
How to Schedule An Appointment: McCourtConnects!
- To create a counseling request click on the “Calendar” tab on the top navigation bar. Next, click on the “Counseling Appointment” tab and click “Request New Appointment”.
- Set the Counseling Type filter to view available counselors and to set additional filters.
- Click on a date to see available appointments and select the desired time.
- Once a time is selected, the details will appear and click “Submit Request”
Each semester the McCourt School Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement offers workshops on different career development skills including networking, resume writing, social media, and interviewing techniques. Alumni are welcome to attend these events. Additionally, Georgetown University Alumni Career Services offers many resources to McCourt alumni, including webinars on a variety of subjects related to continued career development.Back to Top
Many employers come to speak with McCourt students throughout the academic year. Select events are open to alumni as well, such as the Annual Georgetown University Fall Career Fair and the Annual Georgetown University Government and Nonprofit Career Fair Please contact Briana Green, Director of Career Development and Alumni Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top
Networking & Hoya Gateway
The Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement offers a variety of resources to allow alumni to connect with other alumni in a meaningful way to create professional relationships and grow their network in public policy.
Hoya Gateway is an innovative program that facilitates career-related conversations between current Georgetown students and alumni. It creates an opportunity for generations of Hoyas to connect for in-person, one-on-one meetings in the form of informational interviews, resume review, mock interviews or job shadowing.
Alumni create a profile that lists their current professional and educational experience. Students create a similar profile outlining their previous experience, future career goals, and professional interests. Students receive match scores with registered alumni to help them identify alumni who match their interests. Students indicate their desire to connect via the website and the alumnus receives a message on their behalf to schedule a meeting. Then, it is up to you!
Additionally, Hoya Gateway has launched in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, and thus students have the ability to connect with alumni who have expertise and experience to share outside the Beltway. For more information or with questions, alumni can contact Rose Clouston (MPP ’12) at email@example.com.
- Please list The McCourt School as your school and Master of Public Policy or Master of Public Management as your major.
- You can register using your LinkedIn profile to make things go even quicker.
- Because everyone is busy, alumni can limit the number of student contacts they receive in a given month or quarter. We ask all alumni to be open to at least one meeting per quarter.
- Students from all parts of the university can access McCourt School alumni profiles. However, because of our unique specialties, we expect primarily McCourt students to contact McCourt alumni.
- While Hoya Gateway provides connections for specific types of career assistance, students and alumni who connect well should continue their relationship outside of the platform.
Georgetown Alumni Communities
- Georgetown University Alumni Career Network: Over 18,000 alumni volunteers are currently in the Alumni Career Network database, which connects alumni internationally! The Alumni Career Network consists of alumni of various graduation years, schools, and degrees. If you do not have or have forgotten your NetID and password, click on one of the links provided on the login page.
- Alumni Clubs and Groups: Every year, hundreds of activities are hosted by Georgetown alumni organizations. These clubs range from regional groups (both domestic and international) to special interest groups and present a great opportunity to connect and network with other Georgetown alumni.
- McCourt School LinkedIn
- McCourt School Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement LinkedIn Group
- McCourt School of Public Policy International Student and Alumni LinkedIn Group
- The Latin American Alumni Network (LAAN) was founded in 2021 with the goal of connecting Latin American and Caribbean alumni from the McCourt School of Public Policy, to foster professional relationships among McCourt and Georgetown University alumni. LAAN includes public policy leaders working in the private and the public sectors, multilateral organizations, international NGOs and other institutions. This network seeks to create a space for dialogue and interaction among Latin American and Caribbean Alumni, to share initiatives, opportunities, lessons, and best practices to tackle the region’s policy challenges.
How do I update my contact information?
To stay informed about the latest happenings at McCourt, please complete our alumni update form.
How do I get a copy of my transcript?
Visit the Registrar’s website.
What types of career services are available to McCourt School alumni?
Alumni have access to a number of job posting systems, online directories, and more. To learn about the specific resources, visit the Career Development page.
How do I share/post jobs and internships with McCourt School students or alumni?
To share an internship or job opportunity with the McCourt community, please post the positions directly to McCourtConnects! You will need to register as an employer. You may also forward any opportunities via email to Briana Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do if I forget my username and password?
For McCourtConnects- contact Briana Green at email@example.com
For services that require a NetID for access- https://uis.georgetown.edu/accounts/alumni
How do I donate to the McCourt School?
To donate please visit our “Make a Gift” page and follow the instructions there.
How can I reach faculty?
You can obtain faculty contact information from the Georgetown University directory.
Can I meet with the Dean of the McCourt School?
To set up a meeting with the Dean, please contact the Dean’s Executive Assistant at (202) 687-6163.
Are there McCourt School alumni near me?
To learn more about alumni in your area, please visit McCourtConnects!. This resource is for McCourt School/GPPI alumni and students only. To obtain the username and password, please contact Briana Green at firstname.lastname@example.org. To find the point of contact for a specific region, please visit the Alumni area of McCourtConnects!. You may also join the McCourt LinkedIn page to connect with fellow alumni near and far.
How can I post available housing?
Visit the off-campus housing office at https://residentialliving.georgetown.edu.