Hometown: Nassau, Bahamas
Current City: Washington, DC
Why did you choose McCourt? I chose McCourt because of the Quantitative Rigor, ethically-based leadership, and its location in DC.
What professional/ work experience did you have prior to coming to McCourt? Prior to McCourt, I worked for a year in a family office that focused on investments in the hospitality and transportation sectors.
- Reviewed and collated business Profit & Loss statements
- Developed transactional history for the restaurant partnership in Lisbon
- Advised on the conception, development, and planning of ultra-luxury villa rental business; assisted with marketing and pricing strategy, conducted market research
- Provided administrative and strategic support for transactions including:
- Full budget and pricing review of transport company located in the Algarve
- Consultation and growth strategy for Prospect Capital Restaurants (PCR)
- Redevelopment of The Island House hotel in Nassau, Bahamas
- Negotiations for restaurant partnership in Lisbon; reviewed business plan, marketing/staffing objectives
What has been the best part of your experience so far? Classmates, McCourt organizations, speakers who visit the school.
What internships have you had so far during your time at McCourt? I interned at the Development Finance Corporation (DFC) during Summer 2023. During this internship, I helped write due diligence questionnaires for prospective financial intermediary clients; reviewed financial statements and built balance sheets, income statements, and cash-flow statements for prospective clients in the energy and financial intermediary sectors; wrote financial analysis and credit reports that required consideration of profit, efficiency, and liquidity ratios; and attended DFC educational courses on Credit and Accounting.
This semester (Fall 2023), I am the Teaching Assistant for the Introduction to Data Management course. As a TA, I hold weekly classes and office hours where I teach students the foundations of coding in Stata and how to clean aggregate data. I am also responsible for grading and providing feedback on assignments for more than 80 students.
Student organization involvement while at McCourt: MPiP (McCourt Policy in Practice), Georgetown Graduate Consulting Club, Business and Government Alliance
Undergraduate University, degree, and major: Colby College, BA in Government
Hobbies/ Interests: Impact Investing, ESG, International Economic Policy/Development, Sports, Fitness
Reach out to me about: Why I chose McCourt, policy interests, what the program is like from a student's perspective