One Year Later – Overview of Must-Do’s for Implementing the Federal Data Strategy
Type of Degree
- March 22-26, 2021
Each day the course runs from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Regular Tuition: $1,995
Students who complete this course will earn 1.2 continuing education units.
With enactment of the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act in early 2019 and new requirements taking effect, a growing need exists for senior leaders across the federal government to understand the law’s implications and how to meaningfully apply data governance and management models. This course introduces key concepts from the Federal Data Strategy to senior leaders and demonstrates how their teams can manage and use data more effectively.
By the end of the class, students will be able to:
- Drive organizational change by formulating a data action plan for their agency based on the Federal Data Strategy;
- Conduct a data inventory that assesses gaps or strengths in operations, existing standards and management policies;
- Share data between governmental units following legal and technical protocols and data governance best practices;
- Build public trust by translating stakeholder feedback into policy development;
- Understand the strategies necessary to provide the appropriate structure, policies and resources for the protection and privacy of strategic data assets;
- Implement management actions to cascade the data action plan strategy through organizational ranks and provide support and accountability to ensure outcomes; and
- Enhance their Individual Development Plans to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to support the federal data strategy and address the executive core qualifications and performance objectives of senior positions.
- Federal executives and GS-15 managers across all government agencies;
- Chief Data Officers across state.
Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) Alignment
The content of this course covers competencies addressed by the following ECQs: Leading Change; Results Driven; Business Acumen; Building Coalitions.
Looking for Another Course?
The Executive Institute sponsors a variety of short courses throughout the year that help working professionals develop new skills to accelerate their careers. Develop new skills by participating in another short course this year.Back to Top