From Data to Decisions: Using Visualizations to Find and Share Insights in Your Data
Type of Degree
- April 15-16
- August 6-7
- December 10-11
Each day the course runs from 10:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.
Regular Tuition: $1,995
Course cost includes a light breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch, and class materials. It does not include housing.
Students who complete this course will earn 1.2 continuing education units.
In the era of “big data” charts, maps, and graphs have become an essential tool for finding and communicating the insights contained within such data. In this fast-paced two-day course, you will gain the foundational knowledge you need to improve your use of data visualizations in order to drive better decisions and outcomes. Through a combination of lectures, case studies, and exercises you will learn about both data visualization theory and practice. Emphasis will be placed on breadth of exposure, covering over 50 visualization types and 15 visualization platforms, allowing you to find the best tools and techniques for your specific needs. No prior experience with data visualization is required.
By the end of the class, students will be able to:
- Describe design principles that underlie good data visualizations;
- Map common communication goals to visualization types;
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of various data visualization tools & techniques;
- Create and implement a data visualization development and evaluation plan.
- Technical experts that wish to make their analyses and findings more accessible to a broader audience;
- Managers that want to promote greater use of data visualizations at their organization;
- Analysts that would like to grow their data visualization skill set but don’t know what tools/techniques to focus on.
Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) Alignment
The content of this course covers competencies addressed by the following ECQs: Leading Change; Leading People; Results Driven; Business Acumen.
Looking for Another Course?
The Executive Institute sponsors a variety of short courses throughout the year that help working professionals develop new skills to accelerate their careers. Develop new skills by participating in another short course this year.Back to Top