Commencement Week 2018 - Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 17th
McCourt School Commencement Ceremony
- Diploma distribution will be in the Old North Basement after the ceremony. Please pick up your diplomas at the following times: MIDP: 6:50 p.m., MPM: 7:00 p.m., MPP: 7:15 p.m.
- Please note that if you applied after the initial graduation deadline earlier this spring your diploma will likely not be available for pickup after commencement, and will be sent to you later in the summer.
- Regalia can now be purchased from the bookstore, and will be available up until Commencement. Students do not need to pre-order regalia. Regalia is required to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
- Purchased regalia consists of a black mortarboard style cap and tassel, a lightweight black gown with sleeves indicating graduate-level work, and an over-the-head hood with a velvet-like border indicating the degree awarded (McCourt graduates will receive Peacock Blue hoods)
- Due to limited parking on campus, the University recommends students and their families take public transportation, the GUTS buses, or taxis to campus.
- Read more information on the limited parking options on campus.
- Reserved seating for wheelchairs and hearing impaired individuals is available. Wheelchairs will also be available at Healy Circle for use of visitors. Please contact Jacci for more information about securing a wheelchair for your guests.
- Free handicap accessible shuttle buses will be available to move people from the parking facilities on campus to the graduation site.
- Grad Images will be taking photos at the McCourt ceremony, which will be available to you after the event. Individual photos will be taken of every graduate.
- Families and friends are not allowed to approach the stage during Commencement to take photos, as it can disrupt the ceremony and prevent other families from seeing their loved ones graduate.
Select professional event photos will be uploaded on the Georgetown University Facebook Page following commencement ceremonies.
Community generated photos will be curated from social media feeds and shared on Twitter and Instagram throughout commencement weekend.
Community generated Snaps shared with the Georgetown University Snapchat account will also be curated and shared throughout commencement weekend
Commencement Live Streaming Webcast:
The entire Commencement can be watched live on this website. Additionally, the ceremony can be viewd via Facebook Live, on the Georgetown University's Facebook channel. A recording of the Commencement ceremony will be posted on the website a day or so after the event.
Baccalaureate Mass (optional)
- Sunday, May 20th at 9:00 a.m. on Healy Lawn (rain location - McDonough gymnasium)
- Graduates should report to Red Square near the ICC (rain location - McDonough tent) by 8:40 a.m. in full regalia if they are participating.
Other important dates to remember:
TBD: McCourt Student Gala
TBD: Graduating Student Dinner
Have questions? Please contact Jaclyn Clevenger at firstname.lastname@example.org.