Stay Connected to McCourt
Complete our Alumni Contact Form to:
- Update your contact information
- Update your employment information
- Stay engaged with the McCourt School
New jobs and internships are added to McCourtConnects! every day. Postings are targeted at both current students and alumni.
- Personal Profile and Professional Network: Update your Personal Page with contact information and Professional Network page with job information. The Professional Network is important to the Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement and allows you to connect with current students and other alumni. If you do not know your username (NetID) or password, contact Briana Green, email@example.com.
- Post a position: if you or your organization are hiring, we encourage you to post a job to the McCourtConnects!. Visit McCourtConnects! to post a job or internship for McCourt School students or alumni. Posting opportunities is free of charge. Select the Register tab to establish an organization profile and a contact. Then select the Post Job tab to upload the opening. If you have questions about the system, please contact Briana Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Career Panels
McCourt School Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement, the Georgetown Public Policy Student Association (GPPSA), and other McCourt student organizations host a series of panels each semester featuring alumni working in specific areas of the policy field. If you are interested in participating in an Alumni Career Panel, please contact Briana Green at email@example.com.
Professional Development Seminars and Workshops
The Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement offers workshops on different career development skills including networking, resume writing, social media, and interviewing techniques. We welcome recruiting partners and alumni to facilitate a professional development seminar/workshop. These workshops are usually one hour in length and can occur in person or virtually. If you are interested in participating in a Professional Development Seminar or Workshop, please contact Briana Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Mock Interview Program
In the spring semester, the Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement hosts an Alumni Mock Interview Program. The Program provided students with the opportunity to sharpen their interview skills through firsthand practice before McCourt School alumni who offered constructive feedback. If you are interested in participating, please contact Briana Green at email@example.com.
Georgetown Alumni Communities
- Georgetown University Alumni Career Network: Over 18,000 alumni volunteers are currently in the Alumni Career Network database, which connects alumni internationally! The Alumni Career Network consists of alumni of various graduation years, schools, and degrees. To activate, deactivate, or update your membership profile, log into Georgetown Alumni Online. If you do not have a NetID and password or have forgotten them, click on one of the links provided on the Login page. Once you have logged in, in the top right corner of the screen under "Welcome," select Career Services, then My Career Profile.
- Alumni Clubs and Groups: Every year, hundreds of activities are hosted by Georgetown alumni organizations. These clubs range from regional groups (both domestic and international) to special interest groups and present a great opportunity to connect and network with other Georgetown alumni.
- McCourt School LinkedIn Group
- McCourt School Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement LinkedIn Group
- Georgetown University LinkedIn Group
Fund for Student Excellence
The Fund for Student Excellence provides financial assistance to students who are advancing their careers with substantive and meaningful summer internships that are unpaid. We at the McCourt School of Public Policy believe in experiential learning and support students who wish to apply their skills and gain experience while making a difference in their field of interest. Application information is provided to students in the spring semester.
Make a gift today to the Fund for Student Excellence.
The McCourt Alumni Board is comprised of members elected by the McCourt School alumni to two-year terms, those appointed as ex officio members by the Board, a student representative, and a representative of the McCourt School administration.
Alumni News & Profiles
Alumni in the News and Class Notes: Keep up with classmates and other Hoya friends as they share personal and professional updates in Class Notes. Share your own events and achievements by submitting a Class Notes Submission Form or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Profiles: Georgetown University and McCourt School Alumni are featured in the Georgetown University Alumni Association's website. To nominate an outstanding alumna/us to be featured, contact Lauren Mullins, email@example.com.
Witness to History: Is a state-of-the-art video oral history project to record and celebrate the stories of Georgetown alumni who have been history makers and witnesses to history. Have you witnessed history? Do you know a notable classmate or fellow alum who has impacted history or participated in an historic event? Please submit nominations of others to be included in the Witness to History project. (Site temporarily unavailable)